Note: our current batch of cosclay is more wet than previous batches. This makes it more suitable for filling gaps as the material can be spread finer, but you may find it a bit harder to use it by itself to make objects. If that's the case, you can leave the bag of cosclay open for a few hours, giving it a knead every now and then. This will allow the cosclay to dry out a little bit and help with the handling.
Cosclay is a super lightweight and user friendly sculpting material that feels like foam once it is cured.
No mixing required - just sculpt, then let airdry. You can speed up the drying using a hairdryer! The finished piece can be heat moulded and sanded like foam, and of course can be primed and painted. Great for making props and other craft pieces on its own, and also useful for filling gaps in cosplay armour pieces.
The clay can be painted, or dyed by kneading acrylic paint into it (we recommend using the white option for this.) When dyeing, it does not take on colour as strongly as our Resin Clay so this should be taken into consideration beforehand. We always recommend doing a small test first!
Choice of black or white available.
- Very, very lightweight, and even lighter once dried!
- Clean working, will not stick to hands or surfaces.
- Dries in a few hours to a few days under normal conditions, depending on the size of your work.
- The finished piece can be heat moulded like foam.
- Cured pieces can be glued using contact adhesive.
- Once opened, keep unused Cosclay in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.